Lifecycle Marketing, Sales and Customer Services Automation.
Have you ever thought – ‘I could and should do a much better job at marketing my business?’ Lifecycle marketing is a three-phased framework devised and developed by Infusionsoft specifically for small businesses to help you transform your marketing, sales and customer services activities.
Most Small Businesses are making the mistake of not developing a comprehensive approach to their Marketing, Sales and Customer services that will save them time, improve conversions, enhance efficiencies and boost sales. To better understand an overview of Lifecycle Marketing watch this video.
The three-phase framework comprises of a series of strategies and tactics integrated into a single, self-sustaining process, which can be largely automated saving a vast amount of time and ensuring leads or customers are communicated too correctly when that needs to happen.
Implementing Lifecycle Marketing phases through the affordable, easy-to-use automation technology puts you in the best position to attract, sell and wow valuable customers without spamming them and ensuring that prospects and customers are segmented and communicated too correctly.
This Lifecycle Marketing model provides a simple framework that you can use to attract customers, improve sales, and deliver a ‘wowing’ customer experience to create greater customer loyalty. It includes three phases: Attract, Sell, and Wow.
Phase 1 ‘Attract’ – The 3 Stages of the Attract Phase…
Attract is the first phase in the Lifecycle Marketing model. The purpose of this phase is to get the attention of the target market that you want to buy your products or services. The Attract Phase comprises of three stages – Target, Attract Interest, and Collect Leads.
- Target – Getting in front of your target market in this noisy world is critical for the success of your business. It’s not always easy to get the word out to the right people at the right time. The best way to get noticed is to start with a narrow, laser focus. Define your ideal target by researching their demographics, attitudes, interests, behaviours, motivations, and favourite places to hang out, both online and in person.
- Attract Interest– Attract visitors to your website and social media channels with great content. You should use a variety of options such as Videos, e-books, infographics, research reports, webinars, and blog posts. Most importantly, ensure you also have an alternative communication for people whom don’t click on these lead generations in an attempt to continue to build authority, give value and build trust, so they may buy in the future.
- Collect leads – Make sure you are using pixels and cookies to with your marketing to drive your target market to a web form that includes special offers, free consultations, or premium content to encourage visitors to sign up for your email list.
To better understand the three sub-phases of the Attract phase watch the short video on offer.
Phase 2 ‘Sell’ – The 3 Stages of the Sell Phase…
Sell is the second phase in the Lifecycle Marketing model and it too has three stages. As a small business owner, you must have a comprehensive and well thought out strategy in place. This will help make your products or services the obvious choice when they’re ready to buy. The stages include Educate, Offer, and Close.
- Educate – Create a consistent campaign of useful information with automated, personalised follow-up messages. Educate people on ‘What’ challenge your product/service helps to overcome and the benefits to them specifically. Educating your target market also builds awareness that your products and services exist, builds your authority, builds your credibility and therefore builds trust.
- Offer – To determine when to provide an offer you have to understand your target customer’s buying process. The best way to do this is to observe past customers actions and create a buying process map. Its vital that you have a contingency plan for those who don’t buy your products and services. Always seek to re-educate and continue to add value to these people.
- Close – Closing the sale involves more than just an exchange of money or signed documents. In a direct sales conversation, the close involves clear communication, good presence and written documentation. As much as we love automation, if you are in a business that requires someone at some stage to pick up the phone or speak to someone in person, automate the reminder/task sequences to ensure this happens sooner than later.
To better understand the sub-phases of the Sell phase watch the short video on offer.
Phase 3 ‘Wow’ – The 3 Stages of the Wow Phase…
Wow is the third phase in the Lifecycle Marketing model which also has three stages. Getting started with a Wow strategy involves three key stages: Deliver and Wow, Offer More, and ask for Referrals.
- Deliver and wow – Fulfil your commitments on time, then provide additional value that surprises and delights customers. This will require you to think through what other little ‘Critical Non-Essentials’ could you perform to really impress your customers.
- Offer more – Develop a long-term strategy, tactics, products, and services to help generate additional sales and recurring revenue over time. This is where he real profit often is. We invest so much time and money getting people to buy once from us. Once they have bought, if you are supplying them with a great experience, many customers will buy from you again and again at a fraction of the ‘Acquisition Cost’ of a new customer.
- Referrals – Encourage referrals by encouraging and creating incentives for customers and partners. Again, there are dozens of ways to do this. Importantly, this is another great way to lower the ‘Acquisition Cost’ of buying new customers and building ‘Raving Fans’ as they give you Referrals.
To better understand the sub-phases of the Wow phase watch the short video on offer.
Easier Said than Done – Right?
The application of these 9 Stages amongst the three phases of ‘Attract’, ‘Sell’, and ‘Wow’ seems too obvious and easy, right? In fact, on the surface there are no “secrets” in Lifecycle Marketing, it just needs to be given some structure. Small businesses have known about and practiced these tactics in one form or another for thousands of years, its just that 99.99% of Small Businesses fail to actual bring it all together as one system. Statistically, If you own or are part of a Small Business, then there is a high probability you are part of this 99.99%!
The real value of Lifecycle Marketing phases and stages derives from integrating the individual phases in to a single system. This will enable you to leverage the interconnectedness of the stages. As the saying goes, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The synergies created from this approach can be fantastic, but it has to be planned, thought through and implemented correctly. We are offering you the tools to start this process here.
Are you a lifecycle marketer? Do you plan your sales and marketing as a single process, or as a collection of activities?
To help you better understand Lifecycle Marketing, we recommend you click on the hyperlinks in each of the sections above to watch the videos and learn more.
Register here to see a short 13-minute Video Demonstration on how the Infusionsoft CRM could work for your business.